Interested In Becoming A Peer Mentor?
We’re excited to announce that Residential Academics is currently recruiting for Academic Peer Mentor positions 2024-25!
Our application link opens on November 27. Priority deadline is January 15, 2024 by 11:59PM.
Academic Peer Mentors are current students who meet one-on-one with first-year students and/or continuing and transfer students to answer questions, share experiences and offer suggestions. As an Academic Peer Mentor you are one source of support for first-year and continuing students as they transition into and through college. Each student living in the residence halls and The Green will have an Academic Peer Mentor who they will meet during Orientation or the first week of classes.
Academic Peer Mentors are trained to assist students in all four colleges and can help:
- Prepare for academic advising appointments and pass times
- Strategize for test taking and studying
- Create solutions to your academic concerns
- Explore and change majors
- Utilize campus resources
- Get engaged on campus with student organizations, research, internships, and jobs
- Find your community on campus
- Use computer systems on campus: OASIS, MyDegree, Schedule Builder, Canvas
- Learn from their experience
- Remind you academics can be difficult at UC Davis and there are people here who want to support you!
- And much more!
There will be upcoming Info Sessions if you would like to learn more about being a Peer Mentor. Upcoming Info Sessions: